225g/8oz Unsalted butter
175g/6oz Caster Sugar
4 Medium eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
225g/8oz Self-raising flour
Makes approx. 24 cupcakes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees/Gas Mark 4.
- Whisk the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and whisk until the mixture is a smooth consistency.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and whisk until all lumps have dispersed.
- Fill a cupcake tray with cupcake cases, and using two teaspoons fill the cases half way.
- Place on the top shelf of the oven and bake for 15-17mins. You can use a skewer/cocktail stick to poke through the middle of the cupcake to check that it is fully baked. The skewer/cocktail stick should come out dry with crumbs on, and the tops of the cupcakes will be a light yellow/golden brown.
- Leave to cool for approx. 20-30mins before decorating.